Senior Project Manager and Superintendent job for General Contractor
We are a large growing general contractor that specializes in working on Department of Defense construction projects. This includes the Army, Navy, Army Corps of Engineers, Marines, Air Force, among others. This is a full-time position with great benefits and requires travel. We are looking to hire the best and brightest DOD PM/Superintendent to grow with our great company.
- Coordinate and get pricing of materials from vendors to ensure execution supports compliance with established criteria and specifications of project.
- Build and maintain relationship with Navy, Air Force and other DOD divisions
- Meet with Owners, select sub-contractors regularly. As well as communicating with Foreman, Journeyman, QA, and Helpers in the field.
- Inspect site activities, monitoring for potential safety issues, meet and submit OSHA required safety documents.
- Make sure all military, state and federal safety and quality control requirements are being met and exceeded.
- Assume responsibility for managing and maintaining schedule, budget, and submitting change orders and RFI’s for current and upcoming projects to enhance effectiveness of the project’s.
- Stable work history.
- 4+ DOD Construction Project experience working on projects for any Federal construction/Military Branch of engineers.
- Prior field experience working as a Journeyman, Forman, or superintendent on large commercial projects.
- Ability to build accurate, winning estimates for current project change-orders and estimates for upcoming projects.
- Software knowledge: Microsoft Office, Primavera, RS Means, among other construction related applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organized, and strong problem solving skill.
- Experience in working in small or mid-sized commercial construction projects: 5 million or less.